Wednesday, August 10, 2005

No Bike Rides

No bike rides over the weekend for me. I spent a great deal of the weekend pretending to be a mechanic and fixing my tractor. I'm glad I don't have to be very good at it. I had completed the repairs (variable speed transmission) and was putting the thing back together when I decided it would be a good time to add some grease to the mower blade pedestals and swap out the blades for a sharp set. I added grease and *SNAP*, I broke one of the zerk fittings off. I had no easy way to get the remnants out, so I had to swap the whole pedestal out for a spare that I bought the last time I had issues with the mower deck. $70 is a high price to pay for a moment's inattention. and I have to buy another spare. Working on bikes is much more rewarding.

Once I got it all fixed I spent the rest of the weekend doing yard work. Lots and Lots of yardwork.

The biggest problem for me is that my tractor is a cheapo model sold through tractor supply center, and not nearly robust enough for the the size, terrain and uses I put it to. We're looking at buying a "real" tractor over the winter, but I really need to get through the rest of the summer too. Wah, poor me. In 25 years we'll be doing it all with hand tools and livestock again anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

In 25 years we'll be doing it all with hand tools and livestock again anyway.

You forgot we will be doing it all in Chinese.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home