Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My new tires are here...My new tires are here...


I got home yesterday to find that the UPS man had brought some new goodies for me. I finally overcame inertia and bought some WTB MutanoRaptos in 44. These will replace the flat prone Nokian 35s I have on there now, so I should be a lot more confident on the Watershed's rocks now (I hope). With the new tires the Quickbeam will be doing more in it's role as an offroad bike. I also finally got a new cog to get the Fuji back on the road (42/15), so last night after the kids soccer practice I spent some time in the basement setting everything up on it. I put on the noodle bars that had been on the QB, and readjusted the rear brake, so the Fuji is ready for both road and trainer duty now. So now I'm back up to three working fixed gear bikes and a geared tandem. The next bike project will be to get new wheels for the Fuji, an internal geared hub in back, and a generator hub up front to use for randonnering next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

So you're riding fixed off road? Ballsy move, my friend. I'm in the process of "fixing" the Monkey, so we'll see how that goes this winter, haw! Not in any hurry...

Hope to ride with you on some epic over the next few months, if I can get my azz out to that fine riding in MD.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home