Saturday, November 12, 2005

New Shoes


I was all set to go ride yesterday, when I decided it would be a good time to change out my cleats. As I was doing so, I noticed a strange wobble to the sole of my right shoe. Yep, the sole had cracked at the cleat mount. After I dropped off the kids at school in the morning, instead of heading up into the watershed, I popped over to Mt. Airy Bikes and rummaged through their shoe stock to find some shoes to replace the old Sidis. I used to wear a 46, but different companies have a broad interpretation of sizing standards, and no 46s fit, nor did most 47s. Finally I found a 47 sidi that did fit, and bought them. Ouch$$$. Oh well, if they last as long as the last pair, it will amortize out pretty well.

So anyway, I ended up heading over to Lake Linganore and riding a bunch of residential streets and some of the trails where I used to ride a lot. Cool weather fall riding. 33 Miles. Lots of hills. Much Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home