Monday, January 02, 2006

Matt Chester

Matt Chester makes custom bike frames out of titanium out in Idaho. Very Nice Frames. I go back and forth on aspiring to one of his frames. I think I need to get a lot more miles under me before I'm ready to commit to a custom, really so I know exactly what I want. I suspect I'll have to go custom eventually for an all day on/off road rider. He obvously puts a lot of thought into everything he does, and I enjoy reading his thoughts on various subjects. He is one of the "real" less is more people, and in that vein, walking the walk, is going to give computers a pass. I have a link to his blog over on the sidebar, but he says it will probably go away in a few weeks, so read it while you can... I'll miss his blogging, but all is not lost, because he intends to publish a zine called 700see.

"'Simple' doesn't necessarily mean 'easy.'" - Matt Chester

1 Comments:

Blogger Kent Peterson said...

Yep, Mr. Chester has left the world of blogging, but he's still making some damn nice bikes. I had the pleasure of staying with Matt and seeing him work on my trip to the start of the 2006 Great Divide Race. Matt's the real deal.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home