Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cuppa good news for me

Here is a link to a report which says tea is good for you. Hooray! Because I drink about six cups a day. I rarely drink coffee, so tea is my work-a-day beverage, as well as something I love to brew up once in a while when I'm out riding.

Caveat: This report is from the BBC, which, like most news outfits, on average produces C+ work (maybe 75% correct). Therefore important info is probably missing from the article and people who actually know anything about the issue in question are smacking their heads and going "Why didn't they include the important stuff?"

Still, I think I'll go brew up a cup now.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Luc Pitard said...

Our friends Carol and Leta have tea parties now and then. They try teas that cost serious cash if bought in larger quantities. Another friend has gone off sodas and switched to the sweet ice teas that are out now. I like tea (hot or cold), but make mine decaf or herbal. There are some cool tea shops in Rockville and DC.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Woooo - tea!

FWIW, J. Luc, because caffeine is so very water-soluble tea can be decaffeinated by quickly steeping it in a small amount of hot water and throwing that tea away. You'll lose some of the flavors but almost all teas can handle multiple infusion anyway.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home