Tuesday, October 23, 2007

update 2 - Orange!


Hooray! The replacement for my broken Quickbeam arrived! Its Orange. I was skeptical when Rivendell changed the color of the QB to orange, but I have to admit it has grown on me. This frame is in a batch that is "a super duper reinforced version." Beefier is probably better for my riding style. I'm waiting for the shop to get in some frame saver before I build it back up. I'm using all the components off the old QB, except I'm planning on picking up some Tektro 520 levers and using V brakes this time around. That will take the front brake cables out of the way of the bar bag mount I want to start using again, and give me some easy to set up "umph" for slowing down.

2 Comments:

Blogger DT said...

Yea man, you'll dig those Tektro road V-Brake levers. They came on the Specialized TriCross Single I've got and they are plenty powerful. They've been able to handle all the singletrack I've put them through and even a few skinnies that require some touchy brake control. Hope you get built back up soon!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

I didn't care for the orange, so I opted for a Mercian.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home