Friday, September 21, 2007

Randomness

Tomorrow is the last day of summer. Tomorrow I also turn 45 years old. I kind of like, for the most part, where my life is right now. But there is always room for improvement.

My dad spent a couple of days in the hospital this week. That's a bit worrisome, but he's out with a clean bill of health for now. Yea Dad!

Our county fair has been going on this week. You sure meet some different kinds of folks up there. I didn't realize mullets were still hanging on so hard. The family went Thursday evening. One kid likes the ferris wheel and pony rides, and they both like throwing money away on the midway games. Ouch$$$. But walking from work to the fairgrounds and eating lunch there a couple of days this week was pretty cool.

Hopefully, with the aforementioned birthday, I'll have the ability to pick up a nice riding light. I'm looking at the Dinotte 600l, or the NightRider TriNewt. Both are around $400, so I'll have a light as expensive as my bikes, but I want to do some off road night rides this season, and the commuter type lights I have now aren't doing it. The LEDs look like the wave of the future.

Oh, and I'm doing another commuting seminar at The Bicycle Escape on October 22nd. This one will focus more on weather and light strategies for the coming cool dark parts of the year.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

What time is the seminar? Maybe I can swing by and check it out.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Zen said...

Most important, will there be food?
I like pizza.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Yo, Big Jon, happy belated, man! Keep on pedalin', baby!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

Night trail rides are awesome! Looks like I will be doing that next week. Watch out for shews and happy B-day.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Hjalti!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

Oops, spelling error, I mean shrews.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm always late with this stuff, but Happy Birthday!

Fear the mullet!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home