Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend

Busy, busy, busy. But a pretty good weekend none the less. Saturday had us attending the kids piano recital. They both did a great job, as did the other kids playing. It was held at a local nursing home, and I think the residents got a kick out of it as well. The music was patriotic themed, as it was armed forces day. I got a kick out of one old guy in a wheelchair singing along, and another who stood up with his oxygen tank when the Marine Corps Hymn was played.

Sunday the ladies went to a wedding shower, so it was me with my son and nephew. They played while I did yard work. I got the rest of the yard mowed, the garden rototilled (its late, I know), and a few more feet of trail cut in the woods. I wanted to work on the bridge across the stream, but ran out of time.

After everyone was home I got a bit of time to go for a ride. I hit some roads around Mt. Airy as part of my Fixing Frederick project.

A bike ride is a great way to end the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home