Saturday, November 26, 2005

Blast from the Past


While I'm geezing, I thought I'd post this picture as well. There is a posting over at the Volokh Conspiracy about the first Thanksgiving, linking to a photo of my Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great-Grandfather John Howland. Ok, it really isn't a photo of John Howland, but it is of the historic interpreter at Plimoth Plantation who portrays him in the first person. Back when I worked at Jamestown Festival Park (now Jamestown Settlement) in my effort do do lots of fun stuff before getting a boring government job, our park would send folks up to Plimoth Plantation to exchange ideas and info. This pic is from one such exchange, and fall militia gathering. I'm the first musketeer in the back row, acting as colonist Will Palmer, Jr. The gentleman in the white shirt and breatplate further down the row, was playing the role of Will Palmer, Sr. His normal role at Plimoth was as Captain of the Mayflower. This kind of stuff beat working all to hell, but it didn't pay too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home