Tuesday, March 07, 2006

NAHBS

Last weekend was the North American Handmade Bicycle Show. Unfortunately for me it was out in California.I was going to do a post with links to the various sites with photos and reports, but Adam at Twisted Spokes already did it for me. There was some neat stuff there. One peeve I have, a minor one, is that it appears to be to be the North American Handmade Bicycle FRAME Show. There were some compenent makes there with some pretty cool stuff, and several makers are really starting to get to the constructeur ideal with very careful thought about how the components fit together into the whole, but I didn't see any examples of a complete handmade build. Of course that would be nearly impossible (I'm thinking wheel rims particularly) and stupidly labor intensive (drawing your own spokes anyone), but I think it would be cool.

For a different opinion about the show, visit Bob Brown's Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home