Monday, March 03, 2008

SSPBE 08


Every year, after suffering through the Single Speed Punk Bike Enduro, I tell myself I'm really going to buckle down and be in better shape for the next one. Every year, I miss the boat. I did manage to pace myself a bit better this year (meaning I held everyone up), but it never gets easier. This year a couple of things did break my way. One was that the field was huge, like 50 people huge, with people of normal riding abilities scattered about. That meant I wasn't all alone at the back. Two, flat pedals. Working out very well. Three, MTB fenders. Kept a lot of gunk off.

I also saw friends that I don't see but a few times a year, and I met some folks whom I know via the internet, but had never met in person. Cool. Nice to meet you!.

Thanks to Joe, Julie and the volunteers, Clipper City Brewing, and Avalon Bikes for some swag. See you next year, and I'm really going to buckle down and be in better shape for it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

John, I've got some great (new) shots of you up now. Check out this one, for example. Several more; have a look around.

Nice riding with you, brother.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home