Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekend News

Once again, I find myself not updating this blog over the weekend because of being busy.

This weekend we were lucky enough to be able to celebrate my wife's youngest sister's wedding. A nice time with nice people, nice surroundings and excellent food. Can't ask for much more than that.

Sunday morning I read about a fatality on a mountain bike trail in Utah. The fatality was the daughter of someone who posts on one of the forums I frequent. I don't know them, but sometimes those forums can be like a big family (with all the pros and cons of that), and so it was very saddening to hear of the loss. My heart goes out to them.

The rest of Sunday was spent in the yard and garden. The kids and I cultivated a few rows, and got the pumpkins all planted. I sprayed a bit of poison ivy (but much less than last time, so I'm making progress), mowed the back, and went down into the woods to clear some more trail.

We ended the day with a trip to the Jimmy Cone in Mt. Airy. Mmmmmmmmm. Ice Cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home