Monday, March 20, 2006

No bikes weekend


I've been talking about building stairs from our deck to the backyard since we bought the house. I finally did it this weekend. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to lay out the stringers. I finally gave up and did an online serch which took me to http://www.shalla.net/. I spent the 13 bucks and downloaded the spreadsheet. Worked great. Wish I'd done it first and saved myself the aggravation. Finished late enough both days to not be interested in a ride.


On a side note. Riding a bike is not good fitness preparation for digging post footings, throwing lumber around or holding stair pieces over your head while trying to line up and bolt them. Today is my sore day.

Hopefully I can find the time this week to get the handrails built. After that, powerwash and repaint the deck, followed by a retaining wall and patio down below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home