Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow ride in the 'Shed

20070211_10I found my way to the watershed on Sunday, tagging along with a group of folks who didn't object to the worlds slowest mountain biker following along. The snow which had all pretty much melted or blown away down in the Monocacy Valley was hanging on up top on the ridgeline. The ride was billed as "not too much climbing," which I suppose was correct for the watershed, but it still wore me out. I was on the Diamondback, recently rebuilt after several years on a hook in the basement. Except for some minor mishaps relating to mechanic's error (me), it held up OK. I kind of like this mountain bike thing...

4 Comments:

Blogger riderx said...

Don't sell yourself short, you were riding like a champ.

Fun times in the snow!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I have an old Diamond Back myself, it's a nice ride. I'd like to see a picture of yours if you have any.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Hjalti said...

Mike, check out http://home.att.net/~jfgorham/diamond.htm

I'll get a recent photo up soon.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ah yes, the Ascent. I used to have an old Topanga that was very similar.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home