Friday, January 04, 2008

2008

Well, 2008 has arrived. We made it. The past year was harder and sadder than many past years, and although I had some wonderful times, I'm not sad to see it go. The last week of the year was busy, with Santa being good to all of us. I scored some good biking stuff which you may see more of in the coming weeks, as well as some nice non-biking stuff. On Christmas Eve I got out for a nice ride with Joe, Julie and Alex. First real ride on the fixed in months and my thighs were toast for days afterward. I could barely go up and down the stairs.

20071224_05

After Christmas we headed out to visit family in Ohio and had a good time there as well, except number one son had his cough turn into bronchitis while out there. We went straight to the doc when we got back and he is recovering now, but I sure hate seeing him get sick.

Friend Jake came over the other week to provide some mechanized help on the pump track. The slope of the hill was proving to be just too much for feeble pumpers like myself to overcome, and even the fit guys had trouble making it on the uphill section, so we are leveling it a bit. Then it got wet and sometimes frozen, so we will wait a bit to redo all the berms and banked turns.

DSC07119

After excellent festivities at sister-in-law Amy's place New Year's Eve, I slept too late to do any of the group rides planned for New Year's Day, so I went to do some more Fixing Frederick in Middletown.

20080101_04

I might note that I completed 955 roads in 2007, leaving just 785 (plus a few new ones not yet accounted for) to finish. So that is my ironclad 2008 goal. Finish Fixing Frederick. All the other old standbys, like save weight and loose money, are still out on the fringes, so I'll chip away at them too, but I'm wrapping up the roads project this year!

All the best for 2008!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Nice! Sounds like you covered a helluva lot of ground (pavement) in 2007...any idea on the total mileage?

Don't forget the Bliss next fall...not too early to start plannin' and plottin'...

10:07 AM  
Blogger Hjalti said...

1265 Fixing Frederick miles. Maybe 50-100 other miles. Lots and lots of very short roads. :^)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home