Monday, November 05, 2007

Rides I Missed


A month ago I planned to do both these events, but sometimes real life and responsibilities take precedence. Saturday was supposed to be the Bootleggers Bliss, but my daughter was asked to participate in the All County Cross Country Invitational. It wasn't really a hard choice. She ran hard, and placed middle of the pack, with her sweatshirt draped casually over one shoulder. Go Emily!

20071104_10
Sunday was the Bicycle Escape's 2nd Photo Ride, a casual paced ride with photography as the goal. Again, I was prepped to do it, but my son's basketball tryouts came between. I made the best of it. Sunday afternoon was spent on the back patio with a fire in the fire bowl, puttering around with bikes and drinking a few beers. I got the quickbeam back together, still using canti brakes, as the v-brake levers are out of stock. When they get in I'll switch them over.

20071104_03
I also made a nifty little light bar to go on the rack of my commuter/geared bike. A bit of pvc, paint and a couple of bar end plugs and I'm stylin'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Great idea on that tail light mount, man. Looks like it came with the rack.

Sorry you couldn't make it to the 2nd Annual Bootlegger's Bliss, but hey, like you said, family comes first. You'll just have to make next year's event...plenty of time to brew, ya know?

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm really interested in how your Dinotte works out. I love my 200 lumen version and yours should be pumping out that times 3!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

The Riv looks good, I was thinking of getting one, but opted for the Mercian. Looks like they are both set up the same, are those Midge bars? Great minds think alike...and so do we.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Hjalti said...

Ainsley, the bars are the old WTB off road drops. The midges are slightly different, but by all reports really nice bars.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you missed the photo ride- we will see you next time.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Zen said...

I wanted to do the photo ride too. What's a sister gotta do to get some notice of this stuff?

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home