Monday, November 26, 2007

Wednesdays

I had a great plan. The Frederick Pedalers have a cool ride on Wednesday nights during the cold months. A nice, reasonably paced night road ride followed by pizza at a local place. On alternate Wednesdays, the Bicycle Escape hosts a MTB night ride at Gambrill State Park. I figured I could do the Pedalers ride one week and the TBE ride the other. I'd have good riding all winter long. Good plan, Right?

Whose idea was it to have kids? One night a week I want to do something and guess when basketball practice is? I would have just fluffed it off on the Mrs. but she has several things going that night of the week between now and Christmas. There seems to be some warping of the space time continuum that gives her stuff a higher priority. So it looks like it will be until January until I can ride, and then only about half as much as I'd planned (yes I'll still be out on my own, but these were more social things).

Anybody got some cheese to go with my whine?

BTW, the Dinotte worked GREAT the one night a couple of weeks ago that I did hit the pedalers' ride. Now I need to get it off road too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zen said...

Always leave your Wednesday nights open for the FredPed rides. Always.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Hjalti said...

I tried that on both the coach and my wife. It is strange that I received no sympathy.

10:00 AM  
Blogger amidnightrider said...

Car pool. Car pool.

10:15 AM  
Blogger doc said...

I have the same issue. I need to get my kids hooked on riding.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home