Thursday, May 01, 2008

Clipper City


One of the SSOFT sponsors is Clipper City Brewery, located locally in Baltimore. The other day some of the Outlaws and friends got together and rode over to do a tour. I have been neglecting the Fixed Quickbeam lately, so I took it. Gears have made me weak. That's all I have to say about that. The tour was very interesting. I kind of knew the general steps involved in making beer, and have helped homebrewing friends in making a batch or two, but it was really cool to see it on a larger scale. It was even better to have the tour given by the boss, Hugh Sisson, who shared his extensive knowledge and love of the craft with us. Test tastings to prime the pump before the production floor walk through, and more tasting after were excellent. I enjoyed hearing about what steps were needed to achieve a specific taste, and a short discussion about which elements went better with which foods. After the tour we rode back to out starting point and enjoyed Jay's hospitality with more beer (Clipper City, of course) and some excellent pizzas. I was coming back closest to Frederick, so I gave SSO a lift part way back home, since his lovely bride was heading to a riding event over on the Eastern Shore. I dropped him in New Market, where we both remarked that the forecast thunderstorms had not shown up. Once he was on his way and I was heading towards Libertytown, I could of course see those clouds moving in from the west. I'm pretty sure that he beat the rain home. Whoops.

I took a couple of pics. So did Joe and Steve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

My favorite quote is,"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." by Ben Franklin. Throw in some fixies and call it a perfect day. BTW I love the Single Speed Outlaw Jerseys.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

That was the best brewery tour I've been on yet, and believe me (as if that's hard, ha), I've been to quite a few!

Good seeing you again; we need to get out on a ride.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home