Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Flat Ride.


Not the terrain. The tires.

James from Ride Lugged organized another fun fest to take your road bikes to places beyond the ken of most road bike riders. It was a nice ride to, through and from the Watershed. Climbing and gravel and streams and singletrack and sketchy downhills.

Marvelous.

Kudos to Mel and Christine who met us up on top of the mountain with cool water and cold beer, and joined us for part of the ride.

Lots of flat tires (none of them mine) gave me a lot of recovery time. My only mechanical was a broken chain just before the beer stop. Quickly fixed.

Photo by Joe Whitehair

2 Comments:

Blogger Jett said...

I'm just now exploring off-road - on an old Raleigh touring bike that recently became my commuter. I am impressed by what you can traverse with skinny tires.

Our last ride had 5 flats, but was also memorable for the squeaky brakes and number of dogs that chased us.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ainsley Wiles said...

That looks like fun. I need to get my Mercian on the trails again soon.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home