Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Retirement

Not me. I mentioned in my first post just down the page that I was buying a new bike. This was pretty much prompted by the increasing frequency of things breaking on my current mountain bike. Last time I used it off road, the cranks were loosening up, and tightening them up bottomed them out. So instead of fixing/replacing yet another thing before the new bike arrives, last night I started to salvage the parts I'm keeping off the old frame. I've had some good times with this old bike; Riding home from UMBC through Avalon to Oella, commuting in Fredneck, exploring from Avalon through McKeldin along the river with Big T Little odd, learning about rocky pain in the 'Shed, my first organized century, working as a bike medic back when the Pope visited B'more, Pulling my kids in a trailer, rough stuff camping all over Maryland. Some of the parts will go on other projects, some will be traded or sold, but the memories will remain...

2 Comments:

Blogger Digdou said...

You still have your Giant ATX-760 ?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Hjalti said...

Nope. I stripped the parts i though I could use, and since I had modified the chainstays with a hammer, I was concerned about giving it away, so I recycled it.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home