Monday, April 03, 2006

SSPBE 2006


Another Single Speed Punk Bike Enduro is past. This one was the best yet for me. I mean, yeah, I still came in last on almost every stage, but I could still walk when it was over. The beer was good, the people were great, the climbs were killer and the technical spots were WAYYYYY above my comfort level, but I rode some things I didn't think a cross bike could traverse in the 'Shed, and walked a few other things, and proved to myself once again why bikes, and the people that ride them, are one of the best things on planet Earth.

Ricky won. Becky Won. I technically avoided a complete sweep of DFL by snagging a couple of trailside punks. A big thanks to Joe and Julie and the others who organized and moved the keg around, and provided enthusiastic support for the whole day! Next year I might even bring a mountain bike.

More Photos and Reports Here, Here, Here,(check the posts around this one too) and Here.

1 Comments:

Blogger gwadzilla said...

ricky seems so normal face to face
then I see these images....


yikes

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home