Monday, July 03, 2006

I thought I was kidding...

...when I called the new dog trouble. We took him for a checkup last Monday. He was acting listless and vomiting. Turns out he had parvo virus, a pretty serious disease for puppies. He's spent the last week in isolation at the vet's, where we could visit him. He turned the corner last night and should be coming home tonight tomorrow Wednesday (we need to be certain he can keep down oral meds and food first). Ha. We thought we got a good deal and did something good for a $25 shelter rescue. We could have bought a $800 purebred and gotten off cheaper, but then I guess some things aren't about the dollar signs. This little episode runs somewhere near an equivilent of airfare and lodging in Sweden for a week. Looks like I'm back to square one, where I'll be selling some toys to support the trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Luc Pitard said...

We have a marvelous dog in need of a good loving home. Much cheaper than a trip to Sweden. If you know of anyone, please pass this along.

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home