Friday, October 20, 2006

Not much to report

Spending a whole lot of time busy as hell but doing not too much - Work, kids, house, etc, with a lot of thinking about bikes, but not much actual riding. This weekend is looking promising though.

SSO dislocated his elbow. Ouch. Send him you healing thoughts.

Check out these prototype knickers from Richard at Bicycle Fixation. Nice. I hope they make them in fat guy sizes.

I've been cleaning up the Doi Torii Tourer, and I'm just about convinced that it isn't going to work for me. It's just a bit too small. I'll have to get a longer seatpost and stem before I know for sure, but I hate spending money on something that might not work, so I'm starting to muse about my options for geared bikes. I could gear up the Fuji, with either an internal geared hub like a shimano nexus 8, or talk to my cousin about switching over the wheels, derailleurs and such from the Doi. Alternately, I could lace a three speed hub to a new rim and slap that on the Quickbeam. I'm leaning towards something using the Fuji, and a internal hub would make for an easier maintenance commuter.

What to do? What to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Ya know, if that Doi Torii Tourer is too small, I know someone who will take it off your hands, and his initials are M.E.

Sweet-looking ride, man.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home