Monday, June 09, 2008

Cirque Du Cyclisme


I braved the scorching heat (driving in my air-conditioned truck) and went to Leesburg for the Cirque Du Cyclisme, a vintage and custom bicycle event. The event spans three days of rides and seminars, with and auction, banquet and finally a show and swap meet. There were many wonderful bike people and bicycles there. At the swap on Sunday I was wandering around and ran into a few friends. Jay was there, naturally with cameras in hand, making my feeble attempts at taking a couple of photos look primitive. I also saw Tim, who I haven't seen in a couple of years, and Dan, who graciously hosts a vintage, classic and fixed gear ride from his home every year, with this year's coming up in July.

The variety of bikes was amazing, and I was once again struck by the fact that we are living in the golden age of cycling right now. All the builders I spoke with were glad to answer even my most inane questions, probably for 100th time. Special props to Joseph Ahearne, a genuinely friendly guy who builds beautiful bikes, some amazing racks, and the coolest little flask holder you've ever seen. Gonna get me one of those....

So many bikes, so little money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Clark said...

Thanks for posting about that...I really wanted to go, but family clearance didn't materialize.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home