Thursday, May 25, 2006

Repeat after me...


...it is a pants guard, not a bash guard.

Wednesday took me back up into the Watershed after work. This time by myself and with a wonderful dry trail. Riding at my own pace gave me the opportunity to try a lot more of the technical spots. I did much better on the first half of the ride, even trying some hard places more than once.



I'm going to have to get a bash guard though. The Quickbeam's low bottom bracket and fairly long wheelbase expose the chainring to some abuse. I felt pretty good when I got to the overlook clearing, so I went down to the overlook. I don't see how people can get as close as the clearing and then not come down to take in the view.



I headed back up to the clearing and continued along the ridgeline and chose the sweet descent to Gambrill Park Road that we had to climb at SSPBE. A road climb got me back to the overlook and I headed back on the trail. Just after walking a super technical section over a ridgeline outcrop, I took a pretty good spill. Then another, so I took the next bail out to the road and more climbing. I ducked back into the woods at the tower for one last sweet singletrack section and then I was back at the truck.



13.98 miles. Next week I think I'm going to reward myself by riding at Schaffer. I can work in a lot of practice on log crossings there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Actually, your ring looks pretty good...maybe it's more of a single-use bashguard, ha!

Nice to know you're getting out and enjoying the great trails. I've been confined mostly to the road lately.

My girl has an SS dirt bike now, so she'll probably be tagging along on more of my rides...good times to come.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home