Monday, March 12, 2007

SSPBE 07

DSC05008 Sunday was the annual Single Speed Punk Bike Enduro, and the fourth one I've attended. Several friends get together and ride an event of several stages, cross country, hill climbs, technical sections, linked together by riding as group, and ending with a derby. I'm always last, but I always have a good time.

DSC05022

We started out on difficult frozen trails, but after the midway point things were warming up and the trails were deteriorating, so the organizer routed us back on the roadway out of the mud. Good call, but still a really tough climb. The derby area was a nice grassy field though, so we were able to hold that. I made it farther than last year, but got brave and took myself out trying to get someone else. Oh, well. Dinner at a local place topped off an awesome day.

The full set of photos is at Flickr

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very sorry I missed this one. Thanks for the post and pics!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Nice shots, ol' man! 8^)

That was indeed a good time. But man, the chili cheeseburger, fries, and onion rings really did me in...only the IPA pulled me through, ha.

Nice riding with you again.

Oh yeah, FIXED 26!!!!!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Outlaw said...

Great to ride with you as always. You were my hero on Death March!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Apertome said...

I'm pretty much always the slowest of the guys I ride with. I'm hoping to change that this year, although I don't really care that much. I keep telling myself that they may be faster, but I have the most fun. Yeah, that's gotta be right.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home