Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pump Track News


Since I couldn't do any riding on Saturday, between family events I got out into the yard to finish the hard part of the pump track. By that I mean the initial digging. I think that it is coming along nicely. Now the main thing will be to ride it as much as possible, pack it down and smooth it out. So far it doesn't flow too smoothly, partly because of it's roughness and mostly because of the rider. If I enter at the top of the 3 bermed curves I can pump down to the fourth curve, but I can't maintain momentum to get back up the grade. I'll be riding and experimenting as much as I can. A cross bike isn't the ideal tool for this job. If anyone has a spare set of isis cranks they want to donate to the cause, I think I can get the diamondback rolling again for backyard duty.
Who wants to come out and give it a try?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Brother!

I hope you have some earth moving machinery. I've dug my share of trenches and tree holes, and that looks like a lot of earthly motorvation. It looks BIG. Maybe it's the camera vantage point, but it looks bigger than those other tracks you linked to a while back.

I'd love to come down and help break it in. However, being in Brooklyn isn't helping in that dept. I do have friends in Randallstown, and I get down that way a few times a year...

G

www.luggedandloaded.wordpress.com

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

That does look like quite a bit of work. Good job though. I'd really like to give it a go. My MTB has a 2.5 front so that should help with packing things down.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home